Guidelines on how to Establish and become an active AMSA
Establishing an AMSA
- The person looking to establish the AMSA should locate all jamaat members and friends in your school who have an interest in joining.
- Typically you need 3-5 students to organize an AMSA but this may differ from school to school. You will also need a professor who will be an advisor for the group.
- Contact the Student Association and let them know of your interest in starting an AMSA.
- Take a copy of the AMSA Constitution, AMSA presidents name along with the names and numbers of member who will be a part of the group and the advisor who will support your AMSA.
- After these steps are complete, the committee will review and insha'Allah approve your AMSA.
- At this point hold a meeting to discuss what the goals and priorities of the AMSA will be. The information below will help you along the way.
- All members should have a meeting and go over the AMSA Constitution
- Even if this organization has been established for a period of time, this will refresh all members about their obligations as members of this group.
- The president should discuss “what is the purpose of AMSA?”
- To further the message of the International Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, through activities and events, based on the motto, “Love for all, hatred for none”.
- With these things in mind, the focus now is to become an active AMSA. This falls directly in line with the purpose of this group.
- Locate and establish a location on campus where the group can hold a weekly or monthly bookstall to distribute fliers and literature.
- Post things around campus (Muslims for Peace fliers, photos, events) and separate yourself from the MSA.
- Contact the religious department and grow a relationship with the members in this department. Attend their events and invite them to events that AMSA is holding on campus.
- Hold and organize a blood drive on campus.
- Post fliers around campus about the AMSA blood drive and the importance of donating blood.
- For new AMSA organizations, hold at least one blood drive per year.
- For existing AMSA organizations, hold at least one blood drive per term.
- Majlis Sultanul Qalim
- Encourage members of AMSA to write in the school newspaper on issues relating to Islam.
Syed Amaar Ahmad