06 Jun Message from Sadr MAJLIS
My Dear Khuddam and Atfal,
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Many of you are watching events unfold in this country which you may not have ever seen before. Our hearts ache from another unjust killing of a Black American. Racism very much exists in this country today but it shouldn’t exist within us. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) taught us that no one is superior to another based on the color of their skin or ethnicity.
The government’s role is to ensure the safety and security of each and every citizen. This is a government’s basic responsibility.
What should we as Khuddam and Atfal do?
1. Pray: This is our greatest weapon. Our beloved Hazoor (aba) has emphasized the need of prayers. As many of us are unable to pray in the Mosques, use this time to pray with your families at home.
2. Advocate: The Jamaat Umoor-e-Kharija department is sending letters to our political leaders and other organizations. Get involved and do your part. Be active on social media and help promote the Jamaat stance on this subject.
3. Rally: Individual Khuddam can, if they wish, attend rallies that are peaceful that promote justice and the equal treatment of Black Americans. We should keep in mind that we are not representing Jamaat or Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya, but are there in individual capacities. If there’s any chance of violence or threats to the peace of society, we should not attend.
4. Speak: This may be a confusing time for some of us. We may not be sure how to act or react. Let’s talk about it. On Wednesday, June 10th at 8pm est, we will have a Tarbiyyat Zoom session on this topic led by Murabbi Abdullah Dibba Sahib. Furthermore, you will be receiving instructions on how to hold similar sessions in your Majlis. Also, reach out to others within the Jamaat and outside the Jamaat who are affected by this with a hand of solidarity.
5. Act: Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya USA is helping to clean up the streets after the protests are done. Guidelines have been sent out on how to do this. The safety of our Khuddam is paramount. Make sure that only mature Khuddam are hitting the streets after the protests are finished. If there’s any sense of danger, don’t go.
6. Lead, not follow: Khuddam and Atfal should always lead and not follow the trends. We should spread Islam’s peaceful anti-racism message. Let’s get #Loveforall trending
Any other thoughts, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember our beloved Hazoor Anwar (aba) in your prayers and pray that this blessed Jamaat of the Promised Messiah (AS) can help advocate equal treatment and justice for all in this country.
Serving as Ṣadr Majlis Khuddāmul Aḥmadiyya
United States of America